Market research is crucial to the vitality of any business, and, if utilized correctly, can positively affect an organization’s understanding of the market, their customers, and their employees. Whether you are looking to increase sales, improve customer service, or enhance employee satisfaction, Peak Surveys will partner with you in designing the research tool you need to meet your goals.
A Comprehensive Approach to Market Research
Peak Surveys employs both quantitative and qualitative methods in our market research and provides you with the objective, independent feedback required to drive your business. All of our research tools are designed for each client’s needs and goals and can be customized for most industries.
Industries we have experience with include, but are not limited to:
Accounting, Automobile, Catalog, City/County Services, Country Clubs, Education, Engineering, Healthcare, Housing Development, Retail, and Technology.
Very simply put, Quantitative research is used to quantify a problem, or rather, it is research that is gathered and structured as numerical data. This data can be organized into easily-analyzed, useable statistics.
Quantitative research obtained through methods such as customer surveys, employee surveys, and market research surveys can provide useful objective information about customer and employee satisfaction and behaviors.
- Customer surveys provide you with the insight you need to retain your customers by exceeding their expectations. Determining what is most important to your customers and their satisfaction with your performance enables you to make educated decisions — keeping your customers satisfied and loyal.
- Employee surveys are crucial to your organization’s health. Through employee satisfaction surveys, organizational culture surveys, and employee feedback systems, you can create a healthy corporate communication that will lead to greater employee satisfaction, retention, and loyalty. With this information you’ll be able to quantify how well your employees embrace your small business’ goals, values, and mission.
- Market research is critical in your decision-making process. Market research helps you learn information specific to your business and your customers. Peak Surveys can address business objectives using quantitative research, which will confirm or change your assumptions through numbers.
Qualitative research provides subjective insight that can’t often be gleaned from the structured, numerical nature of quantitative research. This type of research allows you to think critically about the feedback you’re getting, and learn a little bit more about the underlying reasons for both employee and customer feedback trends.
Qualitative research uncovers more in-depth insight using one-on-one interviews, focus groups, ethnography, and mystery shopping, delving deeper into behavior, loyalty, and decision making.
- Mystery Shopping (secret shopping) research is frequently used for both an organization’s internal evaluation, as well as a tool for competitive research.
- Focus groups or interviews are critical to a successful research project. Whether you’re opening a new location, offering a new product, or providing a new service, effective market research is essential in your decision-making process.
Neither qualitative nor quantitative research is “better” than the other. At Peak Surveys, we have the skills and experience to evaluate your needs and decide upon the appropriate method to employ. These types of research often work better together to provide a more complete picture of your business’ needs.
Comprehensive Research Strategy for Your Small Business
We offer a wide range of services from consulting on an in-house survey to a full-service customer or employee feedback system, and can use these research methods to help you soar past your competition. Contact us today for your free consultation.